Monday, 22 April 2013

If only you knew.

If only you knew the trauma you put me through each time your name pops up.

only want the chance to heal, to recover, to be free from you.
not that it's ever going to happen for me is it?
like a knife, you cut through freshly sealed wounds each time
you try and talk to me.

while I understand your intentions,
all the people in my life are encouraging me to move on.
never have I listened to them before; look where that got me.
truth be told, I don't have the courage to talk to you anymore.

thankfully, I can choose when I feel comfortable to reply.
obviously, even that doesn't cut it as effort for you, does it?

Because you feel that you're ready for change, that I should be too?
everything was done your way when we parted less than amicably.

although i still care, I really know I shouldn't, I can't.
like a poison, you seep through me with even the slightest contact.
offering yourself to me like there isn't any price.
not only do I know there is a price. It is in fact, an
expensive one at that.

...

One I really cannot afford.
If I have to, I will keep you out of my life.
Because all I want is simplicity & that's not something you can offer.
That's not something you can respect.

We're not a couple anymore, I don't owe you anything.
Don't expect, don't demand.
In fact, methinks, that you should be thankful, I'm even replying your efforts to reach out.

Learn to listen as you once did before.
Perhaps then you'll realize that we live in different worlds now.


No comments: