I have it in there for a reason.
So that every time I open it,
I get a chance to take a glimpse.
A second glance.
One of the best things he gave me in recent times?
A keepsake.
That which keeps me going even
I've got every reason to walk away.
But that's precisely it.
He seems to be like tony stark;
The intelligence, the arrogance,
the whole I know i can do no wrong,
I'll have her come running back to me in a moment.
The show made me think more about the many allusions he'd drawn between the two couples before.
He's an egomaniac. She's a control freak.
He's a mess after multiple incidents, she know he needs her, she loves him too much to leave, but can't live with him either.
The defining moment? That phone call - he almost apologizes for the paranoia... And well, the rabbit. But ultimately, we all know that when it all came crumbling down, he gave everything to protect the one thing he claimed he couldn't do without.
How many people can do that...?
Interestingly I've gotten back from a long day, but instead of sharing the what's-it-nots and the mundane-ities of the day?
My preoccupations are with other things.
Perhaps lamenting Pepper Potts but at the same time applauding her courage.
There are many things that Gil could have given her, but I suppose she's content with what Stark couldn't. That's love.
In a nutshell?
More questions than answers - perhaps this just really isn't who I am.
Regardless, things don't change.
Anger doesn't soothe when it starts to let in on itself. I almost succumbed that evening.
Ultimately, bedtime & hopefully the sleep will soothe the burning.
Just for one night, I'm going to be indulgent and wistfully enjoy the missed presence of... Tony.
No comments:
Post a Comment